Thursday, February 03, 2005

Sorry "Marry By" date has expired !!

Have i gone past my "Marry By" expiry date ??

I guess I am among the rarest of rare species of Indian males,who even after reaching ripe age of 31 hasn't had the good (or bad) fortune of even single marriage proposal coming my way..not even a damn pic/bio from a prospective bride :(

Is that an indication of my "Market Value' (Yuuck) in the marriage market ?? What makes me so un-marketable ?? Why isn't anyone showing an iota of interest in me ?? Why hasn't my marriage stocks soared even after me working in "foren" for over 4 yrs ??

I guess my Marketing team is to be blamed.This team comprises of my Mom,Dad ,Sis & Me.I have to excuse my dad,he is getting old,has problems with his health becoz of which he hardly ventures out of home these days. Mom,poor soul,she is far too timid & shy,she hasn't got network of any sorts amongst our community / neighborhood / relatives. That leaves my sis, She again is a poor thing..she is having her hands full juggling her job & raising a 5 yr old hyperactive kid. She did bring-up this topic couple of years back..but back then I dismissed any discussion saying I don't want to get married (ever).Period.

So I guess I will have to shoulder most of the blame for having sunk so low down the Eligible Bachelor category that no one wants to touch me even with a barge pole. Its not that nobody has approached my parents,its just that I have been so damn stubborn & ill-tempered & vague whenever the subject of marriage was brought up that so far none of those proposals made their way to me for a final scrutiny. My usual response use to be..a trade mark "Hmm...lets see Next Year.." That line use to work quite well while I was still in my late 20's..but..time & tide,they say,doesn't wait for anyone..Least of all for a"Procastinatinor" like me..Years flew thick & fast..ALAS.. the fabled "Next Year" is yet to arrive.

I am in a fix.I have built an image of a introvertish recluse,and withme being tucked away in Sg'pore over last 4 yrs,the chasm in communication has widened even further..I don't have to face up to my parents/relatives/neighbors day in and day out,The topic now comes up just once in a year during my annual holidays & as fate would have it on last two occasions when I was holidaying in India,I was not in best of "marriageable" condition healthwise!!! So my parents wisely didn't pressurize me..

I am in dilemma "To Marry or Not To Marry " ?? Can I offfer quality companionship to my SoulMate ?? Maybe not, not with the health issue which has been troubling for more than 10 yrs now..Its nothing life threatening but its an issue which I can't ignore..Its an issue which has driven me into depression for so long. Would marriage complicate my life even further ?? Are my best years already behind me ?? Can I get into a relationship with so much negativity & pessimism inside me ?? Its quite fair that I am not in much demand..I haven't got any "positives" to offer to anyone so it serves me right being a dismal failure in the thriving marriage market.

I remember some lines,which I am loosely translating here :

"Life is like a game of Musical Chairs..Everyone is trying to grab a chair & therez always one chair less.We are running...& the chairs of Love,Marriage,Fame etc comes around just once..If we miss the chance...Then all that remains in life is just running round n round n round..."

Have I missed my chair ??

3 comments:

thoughtraker said...

better to believe that all is for the best, don't u think? that way, hope still stands a fair chance, and life doesn't degenerate to a game of musical chairs :))

La Louve said...

""There is someone for everyone! And shez currently waiting for you too... probably with the same thoughts!" :))"

aiee sumit aint there some clicheed lines we;ve been hearing pretty often? :)
hello Parik, dropped by to ctach your pics... started reading the blogs too... will be around more often. Keep writing and good luck with the matrimony.. holy m

parikrama said...

Hey LL,

I think Sumit is watching far too many bollywood movies.. tehee

Thanx for stopping by & for Ur wishes for Holy M :)