Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Satte Pe Satta

This boring post is dedicated to a sweet bully who goes by the name - Chay

7 things I wish to do before I die :

1> Get Married.
No, I am dead serious about this. This has been my numero uno priority for a long time now.

2> Own a 2 bedroom apartment in Mumbai.
I guess this has to happen before I can think of Goal Nbr. 1. The rate at which property prices are shooting up in Mumbai, it seems like I am doomed to remain single (for a very long time).

3> Go back to India for good.
No Comments.

4> Swim in the deep end of a swimming pool.
Don't want to say something grand like I want to swim with the great White sharks or mermaids.Just want to keep it real. Have been stuck in the shallow end of pool for eternity now. One day I will make it to the other end.

5> Walk with a gurl amidst heavy rains sharing one umbrella.

6> Learn atleast one foreign language.

7> QUIT Software field.
I wish to switch to some creative field like movie editing or photography. These are two professions which I have always had strong cravings for. About 8/9 years back I flirted briefly & un-successfully with video editing. Back then, I took the easy way out & switched to software instead of persevering bit more. I desperately want to have one more fling before I die. Am willing to trade 6 things that I listed above for this one dream. I don't have an effing clue how to go about realizing this very dear dream of mine.

7 things I do not enjoy:

1> Being a Passionless Code Coolie
2> Socializing , Meeting new people
3> Brushing teeth & Bathing on weekends
4> People who "Show Off" (be it brains, wealth, power etc.)
5> Handling Money Matters
6> Planning my future.. Setting Goals.. Sticking to resolutions/plan
7> Waiting for e-mail / sms replies

7 things that attracted me to Blogging:

I have plenty of free time & have nothing better to do. The day i find something meaningful to do with my life, I will quit blogosphere. I desparately long for real life.


7 things I say most often :

1> Arrreh.. (That's an exasperated Arreh)
2> Buss Kyaa ?
3> Okay..
4> Sahi Hei Baap..
5> Kyaaa Haal Chaal ?
6> Chaaailaaa..
7> Saaley..

7 Books I like :

I have mostly read contemporary fiction (exception is book#1 in the list mentioned below) & I try n' stick to books written by Indian authors. Sadly, I haven't been exposed to any Classic Literature be it in English or any other language. I am listing few books which I have read more than once. I desparately want to catch up on books written in my mother tongue Marathi.

1> Mritunjay - Shivaji Sawant (in Marathi)
2> Vyaakti Aani Valli - P.L. Dehspande (in Marathi)
3> God Of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
4> Fury - Salman Rushdie
5> Godfather / Sicilian - Mario Puzo
6> Books on Zen Philosophy
7> Books on Alternate Healing Techniques

7 Movies I want to watch (and have watched) again and again :

1> Satyaa
2> Sholay
3> U've Got Mail
4> Basu Chatterjee Movies (Baaton Baaton Mein, Khatta Meetha , Choti Si Baat )
5> Hrishikesh Mukherjee Movies (Mili, Abhimaan, Anand, Chupke Chupke, Gol Maal )
6> Sai Paranjpe Movies Movies (Chasme Buddoor, Kathaa )
7> Any movie featuring following actresses : Scarlett Johansson, Renee Zellweger,Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Cate Blanchett, Calsita Flockhart

7 pieces of Music I enjoy :

Again, you won't find any classics here in my list. My tastes have been molded solely by popular culture, the kind of music which gets aired on TV & Radio . In general, I like mellow, soulful, sombre numbers.

1> Norah Jones
2> Vonda Shephard
3> Enya, Dido
4> Hridaynaath Mangeshkar Compositions
5> Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie, Bryan Adams, Phil Collins , George Michael, Michael Jackson (Plz stop sniggering at the mention of Whacko Jacko, I was very young back then)
6> Ghulam Ali, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Jagjit Singh
7> Gregorian Chants, Enigma

7 people I am tagging :

I am not that sadist. The buck stops here .

11 comments:

Arpana Sanjay said...

sweet..yes...bully...?? :-D....
Awww Parik..do stop being so sore!! tampers with your image sweets!!

Well...about no.4 take a deep breath, believe I am at the deep end and imagine that you are trying to strangle me, then dive into the deep end of the pool!! ...that simple!! (muahhahhhaa) Hope you know how to swim!! If not I can give you lessons.. :-)

Impressed with no. 7 - had no idea you were that into editing....see, this was not totally futile afterall...If nothing the entire blogdom can help get you married...

more muahhhahhaaaas!!
wicked me

RamaDrama said...

"Code Coolie"..now..thats the title i have been searching for my imaginary screenplay abt desi software engineer stuck in US waiting for greencard only to go back to india for good..wait a min...that does sound familiar ;) Intersting read Parikrama!

parikrama said...

Chayyaa dearie did u read the category properly ?? It doesn't say "things to do if you wants to die (early)".. If that was the case, then I would surely have u as my swimming coach ;-)

Hello Moto, thanx for commenting on this inane post (No chay.. I am not gonna thank u).

aria said...

You don't enjoy bathing n brushing on weekends.. hehe .. so NO dates on a weekend eh?
I'm sure thats gonna be one thing you gotta do - when you get married ;)
I could relate with one point - I hate waiting for mails n sms replies too.

Btw I don't think the post was inane :) I have been tagged a couple of times- it reveals a different side of the blogger .. that sometimes is good - if you wanna know that person better.

parikrama said...

Aria ii, Chaar liney pesh-e-khidmat hei :

"Jab Dekhne Waala Koi Nahi..
Jal Jaao Toh Kyaa ??
Bujh Jaao Toh Kyaa" (sigh)

So U reckon for better Oral hygiene one should get married eh ?? hehe I couldn't agree more with you on this ;-)

Thanx for stopping by mohatarmaa..

La Louve said...

sahi hei Baap!! ;)

your list was fun to read.. except for the books and movies list through which i scrolled very very fast *grin*

good luck with the wish list and specially the code coolie thing.

parikrama said...

Thanx LL for Ur good wishes.

About scrolling thru the movies & books list *Sigh* I don't blame U. Its not exactly something which I am proud of. I would like to watch & read (& understand) more classy stuff than the ones U find on that list. *sigh*

La Louve said...

no no dont get me wrong... i scrolled through very fast cos i do not like reading lists!! Stories are much more fun ;)

vi said...

Bit late on your blogs...your handle sounded familiar...from Sulekha I guess!

LOL at things you say (thats been my fav part from all the seven thing tags I have read...Aria, Punds, Nandu and others...
You liked God of small things????

vi

Suchitra Vijayan said...

7 THINGS TO DO !
thats it ?

parikrama said...

>> thats it ?

Yeah Suchi.. just 7 things.. & i struggled even to come up with those !!

Thanx for stopping by, I was pleasantly surprised to see Ur comment.