Friday, April 27, 2007

One moment in time

There are mornings, and then, there are mornings. Yesterday, was one such morning.

It started out as any other routine listless morning. The weather was tad gloomy & overcast. When I stepped out of the train and started walking towards my office, it started to drizzle. Thankfully the breeze was strong enough to keep the threat of impending downpour at bay (for few minutes, atleast) .

Except for the tropical wet weather, it was a perfectly ordinary featureless morning. It continued being mundane, until I stepped in the lift lobby of my office building. As I waited for the lift to descend to ground level, my eyes settled on the back of this girl who was waiting in front of me. The imagery that greeted my eyes has since stayed with me.

There she was, wearing (what I 'guess' is called) a halter neck top which bared a sizeable chunk of her fair translucent back. Her hair was cropped short, which made her slim poised neck stand out. I suspect she didn't carry an umbrella, because the early morning drizzle had etched a delectable layer of shimmering droplets all over her neck, shoulders and back.

I imagine, this is how her back looks like every morning when she steps out (wet) from the privacy of her bath. A very intimate & sensuous sight. Thanks to the benevolent rain gods, I was being treated to this forbidden sight. She had a delicate butterfly tattooed on her back. Bluish green butterfly perched on flawless dew laden skin, this is the stuff that dreams are made of (No, I wasn't day dreaming). The next precious few moments passed in a blurr. The lift came down. I got in, she got in. She was again in front of me & I was behind her (keeping safe honourable distance, ofcourse). My eyes refused to let go of the wet butterfly. I was jolted out of my hypnotic fantasy when she got down on 15th floor & the lift door firmly shut behind her back. SIGH.

One moment in time. That’s all I have to say about that.

21 comments:

atrakasya said...

you are a pucca singapuri amol palekar from chhotisi baat

parikrama said...

Atrakasya,

And sir, you are every bit of puneri Ashok kumar from the same movie.. :)

Full2 Faltu said...

Amol Palekar! Sahi!

Use coffee par bulate! If you use Yahoo Messnger 8, you get animated smileys (or whatever they are called) in Indian format where a Amol Palekar lookalike says "Aap mere saath coffee peene chalenge?" in true amol palekar style.

-Punds

parikrama said...

Pundobaa,

Arey Yahoo pe I don't even need those lame smileys. On YMsngr, I am more of a Richard Gere than an Amol Palekar.

I am perfectly capable of doing what Richard Gere did to Ms. Shilpa Shetty in a recent public rally. Fark itnaa hein, he can do it in real life, whereas I can do it only within the YMsgnr window !

Problem tab aata hein, when I close the YM window and step into the real world. Saala apnaa tyre udhar-eech puncture ho jaata hein and the Richard Gere of YM gets transformed back to Amol Palekar.

Houston, we have a problem. Yes, we truly do ;-)

Crystal Blur said...

I didn't know you were Richard Gere on msngr...meet me in window no. 3 ;)

Rajavel said...

Dude ! thats some slice of life ! Part of every ones life !

Lage raho !

parikrama said...

Pretty Woman Cryssy,
It's not so easy mate, therez a long queue of aspiring Shilpa Shetty's on my YM list. Please take this queue number and come back after like 6 months ;-)

Chetz,
Glad you liked it. Thanx as always for your appreciating words. Now I am feeling guilty for being harsh on your 100 words story :)

bilbo said...

konnichi wa whiner san,
That was again an awesome read. I agree with punds that you should have asked her out for coffee.
Or may be not.
Reminds me of the time I was doing MS. Roomie and I were ogling this gal. She had her back to us and we really wanted to see her face. So, practically like SRK , we were going, "Palat" and then she did turn around.
We went back to SRK mode. She was a fugly face on a really hot bod

vi said...

interesting...
lol@ym

parikrama said...

Billy,
You are mistaken that I was ogling at the girls hot bod. I was just innocently observing the butterfly. My intentions were purely lepidopterological rather than carnal ;-)

Vi,
Xie Xie Ne..

bilbo said...

now that makes me want to justify our intentions as purely oglogical (is there such a word) and not carnal :P.
Did I say you were ogling?
Now that reminds me of the location of the tinka.

vi said...

kuch samjhe nahi *confused*

vi

parikrama said...

Billy,
One thing leads to another :
Ogle ---> Smile ---> Smalltalk ---> Coffee ---> Phone Nbr ---> Dinner ----> XXXXX.
So ogling is not so harmless as you would like me to believe.

Vi,
Don't be confused, I was just thanking you in Mandarin :-)

Apy said...

Nalayak!!! Naak kata di naa.. khaya piya kuchh nahi....n butterfly ud gayi so alag.. dude... u seriously need to work on amol palekar mode of urs... However..in a way.. there was not much u cd do in current situation... I dunno.. hope u get a better opportunity next time.. :P

parikrama said...

Apy bete,
Pehli baar kuch samajhdaari waali baat ki hein tumney. I can't understand how one can ask a perfect stranger - for a coffee - just because you happen to be trapped together in a lift for few minutes. I mean there were 5 or 6 other folks also elevating with us. There is only so much one can do in such situations (Except,thank god for giving you eyes to see this beautiful world). So yeah, Thank you GOD, and Apy thank you too for stopping by.

Apy said...

O bete!!! u thanked me for stopping by.. ye to main print screen kar ke .. print out nikal ke.. frame karke rakhoonga.. n baar baar is ehsaan ko yaad dilaaounga... :P

The New Age Superhero said...

uncle!! baat kyon nahi kiya! kya yaar.. phir aap 33 yrs of solitude likhte ho! grrrrrrr.. :S

parikrama said...

AB bete,
33 years ki tapascharyaa aise hee ek jhatke mein nahi tod te :)

aria said...

At least you enjoy those "sites" damn .. I think so many years of solitude have turned me frigid .. I don't even ogle anymore :(
But that was a yummy description .. ahem .. I hope she crosses your path again in a thunderstorm.. all drenched and shivering .. in total bollywood style she takes refuge in your arms when the lightening strikes coz you and she are alone in the "crowded" street .. and .. hmm ok I should stop .. rest you can manage .. if at all it happens.. so all the best ;)

Punvati said...

Nice :)

parikrama said...

Aria,
Maybe 'enjoy' is a strong word ;-) I ogle with de-tached attachment. Btw, so for no luck with the bollywoodish wet fantasy that you conjured up for me :-(

Divya,
Thanx for reading through. Do visit again.