Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sun-N-Sand-N-Sails @ Sibu Island - Malaysia
























This is my second visit to Sibu. I was bit disappointed by the muted sunrises that I witnessed this time around. The 2 freakish sunrises that I saw last time, now seem like stuff of distant fantasy.

Colourless sunrises notwithstanding, the sun did make its presence felt during later part of day. The wooden jetty which figured so prominently in my pics last time, is now nowhere to be seen. It has slowly succumbed to the relentless battering of the waves. Only 4 bamboos still stand proud & triumphant amidst the ruins. With my favourite subject lost to the travesties of nature, I was forced to scourge the entire length & breadth of the island in search of other photographic landscapes. Circumventing the rocky shoreline, after a 30-40 mins trek along the south-western tip, we found another abandoned jetty. This one seemed to be in pink of health. Just a few broken planks here & there, but still sturdy enough to bear the weight of an intrepid photographer and his trusted aide. When we reached there, the sun was already setting , but again there wasn’t much of colour on the horizon and the light continued to be bleak. Hopefully, I will get one more chance (in future) to do justice to the beauty of this idyllic location.

6 comments:

aria said...

"Hopefully, I will get one more chance (in future) to do justice to the beauty of this idyllic location. "

If I may add.. with a romantic company .. that will do better justice ..
all the best .. really sincere wishes :)

parikrama said...

Woh subah kabhi toh aayegi, Woh subah kabhi toh aayegi..
Ein kaalee sadiyon ke sar se, Jab raat kaa aanchal dhalkegaa
Jab dukh ke baadal pighlenge, Jab sukh ka saagar chalkegaa
Jab ambar jhoom ke naachega, Jab dharti nagme gaayengi
Woh subah kabhi toh aayegi, Woh subah kabhi toh aayegi..

Amen & thanks for your wishes Aria :)

The New Age Superhero said...

yaar.. u've been to awesome places yaar! u make me jealous!

parikrama said...

You get to stay in guest house of a ladies hostel ! Zara soch yeh sun ke mujhe kitni jalan hoti hogi ?

The New Age Superhero said...

no no.. its a co-ed school.. tho my sis did steal me into the ladies hostel so i cud check out some chicks :P

ah well... we can't get everything eh! :S.. sad fact of life this, it'll keep smthng from u so u remain dissatisfied.. we pathetic humans :P

Anonymous said...

Well written article.