Wednesday, February 27, 2008

S.P.A.M

Okay before we proceed further, I would like to draw your attention to the black armband that I am wearing while writing this post. Yes that's right, I am registering my mute protest against being 'tagged'. I have been emotionally blackmailed by Scarlett & Chettiyar in penning this post. I have an intrinsic hatred against tags. I feel tags are blogging equivalent of chain mails. I am sure everyone out there, at one point of time, have received an e-mail with a Love poem written by an ailing girl from Timbuktu, with the customary footnote attached :

Warning : Please do not keep this mail in your inbox. Pass it forward.

If you send this mail to - 1 to 5 persons :
You stand a chance of getting laid within next 5 hours.

If you send this mail to - 5 to 10 persons :
You would be cured of the STD that you have been suffering quietly for past 10 years.

If you don't forward this mail to anyone :
You will remain bachelor/spinster not only for this life but also for next 7 (action less) lives.

Needless to say, I am only too happy to play spoil sport and hit the delete button thereby attracting bad luck prophesized by such e-mails.

Okay i think i have ranted enough. Without any further ado let me get down to the utterly serious business of completing this tag.

Tag Rules : Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like. Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better

Here we go :

Family: here you will find me blaming my family for my bachelor status

Friend: here you will find a brief mention of my KJT type college friend

Yourself : self-explanatory

Your Love : Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. A Love, that has sustained the test of time, form & injuries

Anything that you like : going out on solitary excursions with my camera to capture a serene image, as seen here

As for tagging 5 other friends : The buck stops here (as always).

p.s. : Scary & Chetz , I still love you both :))

12 comments:

aria said...

its a divine co-incidence isn't it ? that we've posted our respective tags on the very same day ;)
I clicked all those links - had read some of them before .. KJT post and 8 random things tags are the most hilarious of the lot! and so is this one - that explains why you should be doing more tags in the future :D

parikrama said...

Aria,

Seems like besides you, nobody else is interested either in me or my old posts. Even the taggers themselves haven't turned up yet, lol. Kheir Baaki sab se mujhe kyaa lenaa denaa.. the one who matters most has commented.. so I am happy ;-)

vi said...

X-( achcha hamse kuch lenedena nahi...sirf aria haan??????? theek hai theek hai lol

kya karen even though you could't care less about us we still come, your posts are just
'so much fun" as my niece likes to say. Agree with aria kjt post is very funny

Solitaire said...

Did not have to go read the articles..this post itself was entertaining!

parikrama said...

Vi,
Gusthaakhi maaf. Yes the baarati's are important aswell, if yu know what I mean ;-) Thanks as always, for your appreciation.

Solitaire,
Welcome & thanks for your comment. I did check out your "shortabbreviations" blog.. Quite witty and sharp stuff you've got there. Will check it out regularly from now on.

Anonymous said...

Good job, IW! :)

ano

parikrama said...

Thanks Ano. It's good to see you here :))

bilbo said...

whoa dude, whats with the tagline of your blog. Just noticed it today.
this tag was great. I read some posts of yours that I'd missed and it was great catching up with some great reads again.
Would request you to seriously reconsider tag line .
Take care

The New Age Superhero said...

thank god u stopped there.. tags definitely equivalent to those stupid chain mails and man! now that u've said it... am wondering if even i've been cursed my a chain mail :P

parikrama said...

>> Would request you to seriously reconsider tag line .

Billy,
Would seriously request you to read the tag line and have a hearty laugh. Thats the only purpose of the line. There's nothing more to it than that. And in any case, it is not a permanent feature.. it keeps changing. Thanks for dropping by and congrats on moving to a new blogspace.

AB,
Not in much chirpy mood.. Am struggling to string together words.. So would just say Thanks :)

Dredger said...

Dude, apologies for the late reply.. been away a while.. BTW, dankes for poppin by! thy mirth be my salvation! :)

parikrama said...

Dredger,
No worries and thanks. Sorry to greet you with stale posts. Hopefully something blogworthy would happen soon in my staid eventfree life. The wait continues..